Visiting Santa Fe but not sure what fun things you should do? Check out the following exciting adventures to make your family vacation a memorable one for you and your kids!
1. Get to know local culture and history at the Poeh Center, a museum and history exhibition area showcasing the Tewa Pueblo traditional way of life.
2. Start at St. John’s College and take an exciting day hike on the Atalaya Hiking Trail with your family, seeing the stunning natural beauty of the Santa Fe area and experiencing local flora and fauna.
3. View cutting-edge interactive art experiences at Meow Wolf. This one-of-a-kind art exhibit transports you into the story and makes you feel like you are walking through another life! Your children will love this aw-inspiring wonderland of bright neon colors and beautiful, interactive artwork.
4. Try a class at Las Cosas Cooking School; from great classes for the whole family to an extensive array of cookware in their shoppe, you’ll find something for your family’s budding chef here. Kids as young as 7 are invited to learn culinary specialties from our talented staff of chefs.
5. Take a pottery class at the Heidi Loewen school, exploring the ancient art of ceramic sculpture and learning a lot along the way. This pottery class invites children as young as 3 to learn the wonderful art of pottery.
6. Children love living history museums where they can interact with real live interpreters; why not visit El Rancho de las Golondrinas and learn about the history of the Southwest from the mouths of those who really lived it?
7. For summer camps and after school programs, look no further than Children’s Adventure Company, which offers a wide variety of active and exciting experiences for children that has them making new friends and learning new things every day.
8. For the snow bunnies among you, Ski Santa Fe offers amazing views from the slopes and plenty of instruction for those who are just getting to know skiing for the first time.
9. To get inside for a day, spend time at the Santa Fe Children’s Museum – the exhibits keep kids engaged while also giving parents plenty to explore and enjoy. Everything from classes to climbing to an outdoor garden will make this a visit to remember.
10. Got a bunch of ultra-active kids? Try the Santa Fe Climbing Center for classes and hours of rock climbing fun as a family. You’ll feel accomplished every time you make it to the top of a wall and see yourselves improve.